Sunday, September 21, 2014

My obligation to split babysitting for a 15 year old was successfully eliminated by family court this week. My ex now....

Q: My ex now owes me almost $1K since I filed in early May. How long does my ex have to reimburse me for that, and if not done on a timely basis what can I do?

A: David's Answer: Did the order specifically require her to reimburse you the money - and specify the amount? If yes, then wait 30 days, if she doesn't pay, send her a default notice letter via certified mail, return receipt demanding repayment. If she still doesn't pay, file a violation petition & ask for a money judgment. - David Bliven, Westchester Child Support attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment