Wednesday, February 11, 2015

How to get court to have custodial mother document actual working hours.

Q:  I have reasons to believe the Custodial Mother (CM) is submitting fraudulent expenses for daycare (of which I have a pro-rata share of 57%) Daycare provider is a neighborhood minor, not a licensed provider or facility. Have been unable to make contact with provider to verify hours/days. 

CM has testified in earlier proceedings her employment is itinerant in nature, without set days or hours. Can she be compelled to provide verification from her employer to accompany daycare expenses? Would I do this by Order to Show Cause, or a Modification Support order? Can I request that all daycare expenses be paid by check and only reimbursed when accompanied by cancelled check AND verification of days/hours worked? Am a pro-se Non Custodial Dad.

A:  David's Answer:  The Court wouldn't generally "require" her to produce certain kinds of evidence. That's on you to request, either by subpoena or disclosure demands. You would do so within the context of a modification proceeding. Schedule a consult with a Westchester Child Support attorney for a full assessment.  -- David Bliven, Westchester Child Support attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment