Sunday, June 9, 2013

How do I go about getting the back child support that is owed. The state is not doing anything

Q:  He is doesnt have a license so taking it away is not an option. He doesnt care that he owes this money and refuses to pay

A:  David's Answer:  You would need to file a violation petition with the Court which issued the order (presumably Rockland Family Court). There are many other options other than license suspension, such as garnishments, freezing his bank accounts and/or seizing assets. You should schedule a free follow-up consultation with a Rockland/Westchester Child Support lawyer for a full assessment.   -- David Bliven, Westchester Child Support attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment