Saturday, June 15, 2013

I am paying 300 child support with 2 children in N.Y. one child has joined the army. what percentage will be reduced with one ch

Q:  my ex-wife lives in ariz. my oldest is 18yrs old and is leaving for the service next month

A:  David's Answer:  Assuming the order was done in New York, the support should be reduced to 17% of your adjusted gross income upon your modification petition. The exception is if the original support order was done as part of a settlement agreement in the context of a divorce proceeding (in which case it is conceivable the standard for modification is unanticipated change of circumstances & usually "emancipation" is defined). In any event, for a full assessment, schedule a consultation with a White Plains Child Support attorney.  -- David Bliven, Westchester Child Support attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment