Thursday, August 7, 2014

Child support

Q: I'm putting my soon to be ex husband on child support but he is not working. He is going to use the excuse that his mother is taking care of him financially, is child support then going to require his mother to pay child support for her son since he is not working. He is going to say that he is disable and on workers compensation but workers compensation is not paying him much. His mother was just awarded 4 million dollars from a personal injury case.

A: David's Answer: Child support will not require his mother to pay as it's ultimately his obligation to pay. And while you can contest whether he's actually disabled, if he is, then the Court can only award you the CSSA percentage of his workers comp income. For a full assessment, schedule a consult with a Rockland/Westchester Child Support lawyer.-- David Bliven, Westchester Child Support attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment