Saturday, August 16, 2014

Should I just keep Paying what I am now, or seek for a modification because I have gained more time with my child?

Q: When I went to court- I had made 36,000 and her 17,000( she took off 2 months) after taxes and nonsense. I pay 108.50 a week- pay bi weekly- I pay 150.00 every other week in child healthcare-.( I had son 2 days plus dinner visit) so 52 hours- but averaged 60-75. 
We went to court- i now have 2 days plus whenever she is working- she kept denying me to have my son is she was working., was at babysitter (Average around 65-75hrs/wk). Before the end of the year, I will probably make 50,000- probably around 44,000 after taxes/defered comp. her- around 24-25,000. She has also claimed him on taxes every year even though(verbally-stupid i know) agreed ever other year. Should i seek to modify for lower/get taxes too, or keep quiet before she seeks to raise it when she figures out how much more i made.

A: David's Answer: The odds of her getting an increase are probably slightly better than you getting a reduction from what you're paying now. Thus, you may consider in your head that you're already getting an effective reduction if you've had a substantial increase of income yet are paying the same amount (for now). For a full assessment, schedule a consult with a Child Support lawyer in your area.- David Bliven, Westchester Child Support attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment