Friday, October 10, 2014

Child Support. I have current child support along with arrears.

Q: I have arrears and current child support due. How do they figure out how much is deducted from my payroll check? I don't know if they take all of it and leave me with no money of my own to survive or is there a percentage that they take to satisfy current and arrears. I lost my job and fell behind. I am now employed again, and have no objection paying, but I was wondering how they figure out what to deduct from my paycheck. This is a case in Westchester County, New York.

A: David's Answer: Generally SCU will take out 50% of the order to satisfy the arrears. That said, whatever they take out must leave you with enough net pay to be above the self-support reserve (135% of the poverty line). - David Bliven, Westchester Child Support attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment