Saturday, October 18, 2014

Downward Modification of Child Support: When will I find out if my ex files for a downward modification of child support?

Q:  He just started a new position in Tarrytown. How long do I have to wait to find out if he filed a petition? I just got downward in May of 2011. I receive the support from the Child Support Unit. Would they be advised as well?

A:  David's Answer:  He is obligated to serve you with the summons & petition. In between times, you always have the option of going to court and verifying any new filing with the clerk's office. For a full assessment, schedule a consultation with a Westchester Child Support attorney.  -- David Bliven, Westchester Child Support attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment