Saturday, January 17, 2015

I received a Decision Order from the Support Magistrate on Sept 8 saying that I no longer have to split babysitting with my ex

Q:  ....since my daughter is over 13. A few days later my ex submitted an Objection. I submitted a Rebuttal on October 10. My ex then submitted a Reply Affidavit on October 15. I ignored it, but I haven't heard back from the court and it's now 3 months later. My ex owes me almost $1,000 for the time between my original petition and when the Decision Order was signed. What should I do?

A:  David's Answer:  While the Judge generally has up to 60 days to render a decision, this time frame is routinely extended due to either backlog, the Judge waiting for transcripts to come back, etc. You can always try calling the Court Clerk just to confirm they have received everything & passed it along to the Judge. Schedule a consult with a Westchester Child Support attorney for a full assessment.  -- David Bliven, Westchester Child Support attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment