Saturday, January 10, 2015

My kids and I live in NY, their dad lives in Mexico, can I sue him for child support?

Q:  He lives in Mexico city, has a new wife and a child, in the divorce we agreed on one amount, how do I know if thsi was fair and if I can sue him for child support from ny

A:  David's Answer:  Where did you get divorced, in Mexico or in NY? If in NY, then did he consent to NY having jurisdiction? If yes, then the child support should've been contained in the divorce judgment. If you divorced in Mexico, then further facts are needed to assess whether you'd be able to get jurisdiction over him here. Schedule a consult with a White Plains Child Support attorney for a full assessment.   =-- David Bliven, Westchester Child Support attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment