Saturday, January 10, 2015

I want a child support increase , how do I make this happen?

Q:  I want to have my ex pay more child support , I had agreed to $50 dallors a week 8 months ago threw court. When she should be paying $104 . I've had to expand and buy a house to accommodate everyone. My expense are higher and my medical increase. 8 months ago the $50 was ok but it doesn't go far anymore.

A:  David's Answer:  If filing a modification prior to 3 years having passed since the last order was set, you have the obligation to prove a substantial change of circumstances. As to whether you'll be able to satisfy same will depend on an analysis of your individual finances. As such, you should schedule a consult with an Orange/Westchester Child Support attorney for a full assessment.    -- David Bliven, Westchester Child Support attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment