Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Can I take my ex to court for non payment and possibly increase if he doesn't have a job?

Q: More than 2 yrs ago I moved out of my parents home and have been paying for my daughters insurance and medical bills without extra payments from her dad. I have only received 1 Cola increase of $6.50 in 10 years because he has been unable to hold a job long enough for me to take him back to court. He is now in arrears but still has no job on file. Do I have any chance of seeing a judge let alone getting an increase?

A: David's Answer: If you cannot prove he's had an increase of income, then it will be quite difficult to get an increase. That said, you certainly should be able to enforce the arrears. I thus suggest that you schedule a follow-up consultation with a Child Support lawyer in your area. -- David Bliven, Westchester Child Support attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment