You would need to file a petition to terminate the support if he does enlist. This would generally be a basis for emancipation. You may verify enlistment here: or via Dept. of Defense's website. You should also contact an Orange/Westchester Family Law attorney to schedule a consultation for a full assessment. -- David Bliven, Westchester Child Support attorney (