Saturday, March 29, 2014

If my parental rights to my children are taken away am i still liable paying g arrears or current child support payments

Q:  Change of custody

A:  David's Answer:  If your parental rights are terminated, you may file a petition to terminate child support. Arrears may not be cancelled however. Please be sure you're distinguishing between a mere change of custody & an actual termination of your parental rights by CPS. Consult a Child Support attorney in your area.   -- David Bliven, Westchester Child Support attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment