Saturday, March 29, 2014

I'm ordered to pay 50% in daycare costs however the daycare provider is my ex's sisters, how do I know the rates are proper?

Q:  I was just ordered to pay 50% in daycare costs for my child. However, the daycare provider is my ex's sister. The affidavit she filled out for her financial disclosure for courts show the amount. What if she has her sister change the amounts now because she knows I have to pay 50%? Is there anything I can do? Please don't tell me to ask my attorney cause she is all about women's rights not fathers rights. And I am a father.


A:  David's Answer:  You're entitled to see proof of both (a) receipts AND (b) payment by the mother. Demand both. Ultimately if you see they're "gaming the system," file a modification petition. Consult a Child Support lawyer in your area.   -- David Bliven, Westchester Child Support attorney (www.blivenlaw.net)

No comments:

Post a Comment