Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Is my husband obligated to continue paying 2000 a month in Child Support although he lost one job& works still over 40hrs a wk?

Q:  My husband had 4 jobs. He lost one job. He was making $100,000 a year. In addition he works over 40 hrs a wk still. His child support was based on $125,000. He currently makes over 80,000 but less than 100,000. He currently pays $2000 a month in child support.

A:  David's Answer:  The answer to your question depends in part on what he lost the 1 job. If he can document that he lost the job through no fault of his own, then he should qualify for a reduction. Schedule a consult with a Child Support lawyer in your area.  -- David Bliven, Westchester Child Support attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment