Wednesday, March 5, 2014

What factors determine how quickly you get a cort date in family court?

Q:  I am simply only asking out of curiosity. I recently filed a petition for modification for a visitation/custody order/i wrote several concerning reasons as to why i believe they need more time w me as their father. I filed 2 days ago and today got the summonds to serve my ex with a court date in 2 weeks. Not that im mad but im surprised how quickly this processed and how soon the court date is. Does anyone review these forms and look at pressing concerns over other petitions or is it just a first come first serve thing? I did write a 4 page statement of dates and many issues tht have been going on. And no lawyer no way i could even afford a cheap one.
 
 
A:  David's Answer:  The clerk's office will tend to prioritize emergency filings. Other than that, it's a first-come-first-serve basis.  -- David Bliven, Westchester Child Support attorney (www.blivenlaw.net)

No comments:

Post a Comment