Wednesday, March 19, 2014

My ex husband voluntarily was giving me more child support for the past 28 months. now that he retired he said he's going back

Q:  to the original 17% which was 296.00 per month he voluntarily gave up the amount because he was being promoted and did not want to pqay the higher C/S i'm sure his lawyer told him to do so. what can i do . right now he said he's still looking for a job, but i do not trust him

A:  David's Answer:  The answer depends in part on how long ago the agreement was done, as well as the basis for modification. If his income has substantially increased since the date of the agreement, and assuming the legal standard of "substantial change of circumstance" applies, then you should be able to petition for an increase. But as the answer to your question can turn on several facts being specified, you're best advised to schedule a consult with a Putnum/Westchester Child Support lawyer. -- David Bliven, Westchester Child Support attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment