Saturday, June 7, 2014

I've tried taking my ex to court for upward modification because he is self employed and making way more than what he claims.

Q:  The judge disputed my request because the fact that I lost my job was not major change of circumstances. I've tried telling the judge that my ex is hiding his real income but the judge just casually said he'll look into his Tax paperwork. I lost the case and thinking to appeal w request of new judge.
What are my chances?

A:  David's Answer:  Ultimately it's your burden to prove hidden income. You could have made demands for production of other financial documentation and/or hired an investigator. You're best advised to bring the order & findings of fact to a Child Support lawyer in your area for a full review & assessment.   -- David Bliven, Westchester Child Support attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment