Monday, December 15, 2014

Can I file a child support modification

Question: I recently asked the court to order my daughters, father to add her to his insurance. Because he went from a single to a family plan, the judge deducted the amount he would pay for support and credited him that money towards the extra cost he incurred for changing plans. However, the insurance plan he has is the same amount wether u insure 2 people or 10, and I recently found out he added his wife and her daughter to that plan as, well. Can I ask for my child support to be set back to the amount it was, before because I do my feel it's fair he is paying less for support for my daughter if other people in his house hold are benefitting from the same plan?

David's Answer: I think you have a fair shot to do so, yes. File a modification petition with the Family Court & get him served. -- David Bliven, Westchester Child Support attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment