Thursday, December 18, 2014

Do I have to pay these child care expenses.

Question: I have a child support ordered for my daughter,. I've been paying good and I do have included in the support if there are child care expense I have to reimburse her 50%. At the time she didn't have expense because her mother babysitters her. Now she mailed me a lot of money orders dated back from Sept stating she pay 80 a week to her neighbor to watch my daughter. It's about $700. Do I have to pay this far back? Or did she have a certain time limit to give these to me.

David's Answer: If the order doesn't specify otherwise, you'd need to pay these amounts. That said, I'd suggest you file a modification petition to get the "30-30 rule" inserted into the order - in a nutshell, it means she has to get you the receipts of any unreimbursed expense within 30 days or it's waived, while you'd have 30 days to pay or else be considered in default. -- David Bliven, Westchester Child Support attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment