Saturday, December 13, 2014

Child's father was committed to jail for 45 days for back support of $10,000.00. He could pay $3,000 to get out.

Q:  He decided to serve the 45 days so he would not have to pay anything.. He just was released. How do I get the back child support.

A:  David's Answer:  You'd need to pursue the other collection methods - income garnishment, bank account/asset/property seizure, tax refund intercept, etc. You can keep re-filing violation petitions every 4-6 months to get another judgment as well as for the Court to consider putting him back in jail. Schedule a consult with a Dutchess/Westchester Child Support lawyer for more info.  -- David Bliven, Westchester Child Support attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment