Wednesday, August 28, 2013

I am a married man who had a child outside of marriage.

Q:  The child's mother is now taking me to child support. Why do they want my wife's finical information if she is not legally obligated to the child.

A:  David's Answer:  They may be asking for your wife's information if she helps pay for some of your household expenses and defrays more than your 50% share of same. If she does not, then I would object to disclosure of same (which forces their hand to file a motion so the Magistrate may consider whether to order that disclosure or not). In any event, you should consider scheduling a consultation with a Child Support lawyer in your area.   -- David Bliven, Westchester Child Support attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment