Saturday, August 17, 2013

Will the court continue to try and serve non custodial parent support order?

Q:  They weren't able to by the hearing date, so it has been rescheduled. How long will they try to serve him and at what point do they give up? I don't know where he works and I doubt he would open his door to a stranger.

A:  David's Answer:  No. the issue is that the Court is not ultimately responsible for service - you are. Thus, the court will only mail out a copy of the summons & if he fails to appear, the Court cannot proceed. You may now need to hire a process server to serve him personally. For a full assessment, schedule a consultation with a Westchester Child Support lawyer. -- David Bliven, Westchester Child Support attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment