Wednesday, August 28, 2013

My ex- wife is taken me to court 4 support but she has my so and i have my daughter .

Q:  i got custody off my daughter in oct 2012 and a suspended order of custody as well ,will i have to pay her support

A:  David's Answer:  Generally when there is a split custody situation the court calculates child support you would pay to her for the child in her care, and then the court would calculate support she would pay to you for the child in your care. However, you must have your own cross-petition requesting support for the Court to do this. If you do not, then the Court will only calculate support you owe to her. In any event, should you have any follow-up questions, I highly encourage you to schedule an appointment with an Orange/Westchester Co. Child Support lawyer. -- David Bliven, Westchester Child Support attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment