Saturday, August 3, 2013

I went to court this morning child support collection sereved ex because in rear. Can i get legal aid?

Q:  ex owes 292.87. child support unit served paper to him. went to court this morning now have to go back in aug. can i see if i can get legal aid to help me.

A:  David's Answer: As the petitioner in a child support matter, you are not automatically entitled to assigned counsel because you are indigent. While I have seen such appointments under the general rubric of "poor person relief," it is quite rare & done only in exceptional cases. To determine whether you need to hire an attorney, you're best advised to schedule a free consultation with an Orange/Westchester Child Support attorney.   --  David Bliven, Westchester Child Support attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment