Wednesday, August 28, 2013

I had a job wher i was paid 400 a week. i was orderd to pay 50 in child support weekly and 175

Q:  i lost my job and go unemployment. 220 a week i then took a part time job for 7.50 an hour and lost 3 days of my unemployment bringing me to 55 a week unemployment and 75 dolars a week on my paycheck . big mistake. i am goin back to court to get a modification. will the judge understand that i was unjustly fired and that i am eligible for 220 a week but since i took a part time job am only recieving 50.. will the judge lower my support and daycare since i make well under 10000 a year and it wasnt my fault i got fired?


A:  David's Answer:  You ultimately have the burden to prove to the Judge that you were fired for reasons other than that it was "your fault." This may involve subpoenaing your ex-employer. You also have the burden of proving you've made a "diligent effort" to find work commensurate with your prior job. For a full assessment, schedule a consultation with a Dutchess/Westchester Child Support lawyer.  -- David Bliven, Westchester Child Support attorney (www.blivenlaw.net)

No comments:

Post a Comment