Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Can a 15 year old vehicle titled to myself and another be seized in nys for child support judgment, vehicle reg to me.

Q:  judgment has been valid since 09,they JUST swiped my bank acct so it seems like they are just NOW REALLY attacking me. i have been just recently paying it down..judgment is less then 6000. kicker is i HAVE my girls

A:  David's Answer:  The age or value of the vehicle wouldn't matter as to whether they could seize it, what matters is whether you have an ownership share. That said, the other owner would be able to contest the seizure & should immediately speak with an attorney who handles debts matters. If you now have the children, that's certainly a basis to terminate the ongoing support order, but the other parent would still be entitled to enforce the arrears. For a full assessment, schedule a consultation with a Westchester Child Support attorney. -- David Bliven, Westchester Child Support attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment