Wednesday, November 27, 2013

My daughter will turn 21 in Jan and is a fulltime student. can I still collect support for her until she graduates in NYS?

Q:  Now support I receive pays for her apt. I cannot afford this without the support and I am afraid he will not continue to support her.

A:  David's Answer:  If you do not have a prior written agreement from the other parent to extend support until she graduates, then any further support must be on consent. In that instance, contact the other parent & see whether s/he will agree. -- David Bliven, Westchester Child Support attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment