Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Will my live in girlfriend's income be considered for my child support?

Q:  My ex and I have three kids together. My ex recently filed for support and we share joint custody. Will my girlfriend's income (she and I have been living together for three years now) be considered in my child support?

A:  David's Answer:  Your girlfriend's income will not generally count as your income for child support purposes, unless she is supporting you. Schedule a consultation with a Westchester Child Support lawyer for a full assessment.  -- David Bliven, Westchester Child Support attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment