Tuesday, July 8, 2014

CP Makes More Than NCP. How Will Support be Calculated?

Q:  I am the CP of a 3 month baby girl. I make about $60,000 and NCP makes about $30,000. I also have a 9 year old daughter from a previous marriage, whom I am not receiving CS for. Will the magistrate use my salary in comparision to NCP when calculating CS or will it be just a straight 17% (New York) of his salary going to the support of his child?


A:  David's Answer:  While the statute as written considers both incomes, what you make does NOT effect the calculation unless combined parental income exceeds $141,000. You can get an idea of what child support will be by using this calculator: http://www.nyc.gov/html/hra/html/services/child.... Schedule a consult with a Child Support lawyer in your area.   -- David Bliven, Westchester Child Support attorney (www.blivenlaw.net)

No comments:

Post a Comment