Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Social services newyork

Q:  if i was collecting from social services from when i was pregnant with my son till now my son is turning 3 years old his father never financially helped an now hes forced to pay social services money he owed them since december 2011 could he still file for some kind of custody and he lives in a different state and never visited my son in 3 years

A:  David's Answer:  The mere fact that your support is paid thru DSS does not give him an advantage in the custody proceeding. He can always petition for custody, but whether he'll be successful depends on a number of factors, including how often he's visited the child, especially given his distance. Schedule a consult with a Child Support lawyer in your area for more info.   -- David Bliven, Westchester Child Support attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment