Monday, July 14, 2014

I am in litigation and am currently living with family and have a two year old.

Q: My soon to be ex's attorney has sent a letter to the judge to modify child support. I am living with family because it is unaffordable to live on our own. Is this a possibility that child support can be modified? He also is not paying court ordered pro rata add ons. Please give me advice?

A: Answered It is extremely unlikely the Judge will modify support on the basis of a letter. Generally once interim support is set, the only time it can be modified is at trial. Schedule a consult with a White Plains Child Support lawyer for a full assessment.  --  David Bliven, Westchester Child Support lawyer (

No comments:

Post a Comment