Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Underaged girl lied to my son about age, now baby is invoved, paternity shows hes not the father. What can I do?

Q:  My son was with a girl when he was 17 and the girl lied about her age. There is a baby involved now. My son is now 19 and the said girl is 16 (her true age). I, as his mother wanted to know if that was his child so I did a paternity test. It came out that he's not the father.
What can I do to remove my son out of this situation when she constantly threatens my son with the child and gets her brothers to hurt him whenever possible?

A:  David's Answer:  He should immediately sever any contact with her. If he asks to see the child, provides any financial support for the child or does anything else to "hold himself out as the father," he may later be precluded from denying he's the father. If her brother attempt to assault your son, call the police. Call a Child Support lawyer in your area to schedule a consult.   -- David Bliven, Westchester Child Support attorney (www.blivenlaw.net)

No comments:

Post a Comment