Saturday, December 21, 2013

Can i re petition my ex back for more child support while my custody case is on going?

Q:  currently I am scheduled for trial for custody. But when my child support case was going my ex cut back on his hrs. So that i couldn't get the full child support that i was due to get. Now that the support case is closed he's back to working his original hrs.

A:  David's Answer:  How long ago was the support case done? If it hasn't been 3 years, then you will need to prove that the increase of his hours has also caused a "significant" increase of his income (generally 25% or more). Schedule a consultation with a Child Support attorney in your area for a full assessment.   -- David Bliven, Westchester Child Support attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment