Tuesday, December 31, 2013

I have to pay CS in NY for a 19 YR old son.He has graduated and works full time ,making more money then me .Can it be dismissed?

Q:  he still lives home with his mother

A:  David's Answer:  The issue isn't merely whether your son has a job - the issue is whether he is completely self-supporting. In other words, does he make enough money to live on his own if he chooses to? Be prepared to show the Magistrate what average rental prices are for a 1-bedroom apartment in your area, as his expected expenses will need to be contrasted with his income. Schedule a consultation with an Orange/Westchester Child Support attorney for a full assessment.  -- David Bliven, Westchester Child Support attorney (www.blivenlaw.net)

No comments:

Post a Comment