Saturday, December 14, 2013

One parent with two different child support cases.

Q:  I have two daughters with my first wife and one daughter with my soon to be ex -second wife. I already have an order for my two eldest children and will be going to court in two weeks for my youngest. Will the judge take into consideration that I have 50/50 custody of my first two kids? I pay very little to my first ex since she and I make similar incomes. How is the second case determined? Any help is appreciated. Thank you


A:  David's Answer:  Yes, the Magistrate should consider the prior order. Be sure to bring with you both the order & the proof you are paying same. It should then be subtracted off your income before the Magistrate calculates support for the 3d child. For a full assessment, schedule a consultation with a Westchester Child Support attorney.  -- David Bliven, Westchester Child Support attorney (www.blivenlaw.net)

No comments:

Post a Comment