Saturday, December 21, 2013

Do I have to pay child support for a child thats not biologically mine.

Q:  The child is eight years old, the mother went on public assistance, I signed acknowledgement of paternity 4 yrs after he was born.....not knowing the repercussion..and I paid for the dna test, and showed the results........

A:  David's Answer:  If you signed the acknowledgement of paternity & failed to move to vacate it within the prescribed time, then it doesn't matter anymore than the child isn't biologically yours. That said, the worse that happens is the court says no, so you can always give it a shot. Schedule a consultation with an Orange/Westchester Family Law attorney for a full assessment.   -- David Bliven, Westchester Child Support attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment