Saturday, May 11, 2013

Am I responsible for camp fees that are billed to the grandmother and not my ex?

Q:  I am responsible for half of my daughter's camp fees but the bill presented by my ex is not addressed to her but her mother. Am I responsible for the bill even though it is not addressed to my ex? Couldn't this be seen as a bill for her mother?

A: David's Answer:  One needs to analyze the agreement - assuming this was done pursuant to an agreement versus mere order. In addition to you, does it specifically require the mother to pay her portion? That said, I doubt it will actually have consequence as to who's paying the bill on her end.  -- David Bliven, Westchester Child Support lawyer (

No comments:

Post a Comment