Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Is the parents required to use w-2's joint or seperate incomes if they are remarried to justify increase and derease in child s

Q:  child support modification

A:  David's Answer:  If I understand your question correctly, it is only the income of the parent of the subject child which counts for the child support calculation. As such, if the parent re-marries, his/her spouse's income usually does not get included in the calculation. That said, you should schedule a follow-up consultation with a Child Support lawyer in your area for a full assessment of the situation.  -- David Bliven, Westchester Child Support attorney (www.blivenlaw.net)

No comments:

Post a Comment