Saturday, May 11, 2013

If I'm 16 and i have a baby , and the father is my age can i still get child support if he doesn't want to be the day ?

Q:  I'm not having a baby , but this refers to my friend and i wanted to know

A:  David's Answer:  Yes - she can file a petition for paternity & support with the Family Court. I agree with the other poster - it's unlikely she'll get anything more than $25 or $50 per month, but this can be revised after he graduates. In any event should you or your friend have additional follow-up questions, I encourage you to schedule a consultation with a Dutchess/Westchester Co. Child Support lawyer.  -- David Bliven, Westchester Child Support attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment