Saturday, May 11, 2013

Need pro - bono services for immediate spousal and child support

Q:  Stay at home mom of one toddler with a husband who has not financially supported us since a month ago . Been using my own CC and reached my max for the month . In need of immediate assistance for basic necessities . Husband isn't willing to help or resolve this issue and has been MIA . Cannot afford an attorney . Where to find a pro - bono lawyer ? Search engines are of no help .

A:  David's Answer:  There are many websites which can connect you with a lawyer, not only Avvo, but also, or You should also check with the Westchester Bar Association Lawyer Referral Service (914-761-3707). Shop around - some lawyers will indeed accept the case with no fee or a small fee if they anticipate your Husband will pay all or most of their fees.  -- David Bliven, Westchester Child Support lawyer (

No comments:

Post a Comment