Saturday, May 11, 2013

Child support Payments

Q:  I cannot find the receipt of an extra curricular activity. My support papers state that I must present a bill/receipt to my ex to receive payment. Can a check showing payment be enough or do I need to still present the bill/receipt?

A: David's Answer:  Why not call the activity & see if they can fax or e-mail a copy to you? The cancelled check is better than nothing, but usually the Magistrate's want to see both the bill plus proof of payment. -- David Bliven, Westchester Child Support lawyer (

No comments:

Post a Comment