Saturday, May 11, 2013

I have 2 kids. I pay child support 500 bi weekly. My gross pay is 2181.74. Can I get it lowered if I pay for Master school.

Q:  Child Support lowered since I am paying for my masters School.

A:  David's Answer:  Preliminarily, I would add that (per the other posting) NYC tax does not count as a deduction in Mount Vernon (& assuming you're talking about a Westchester order), as you're most likely not incurring that tax. That said, merely attending school is not a basis to lower the order. I would, nevertheless, highly suggest that you cut a deal with the mother. It's in her (& the child's) interest to have you finish & presumably get a much better job as you could then afford to pay even more.   -- David Bliven, Westchester Child Support lawyer (

No comments:

Post a Comment