Wednesday, May 21, 2014

After completing order to show cause and contempt affidavit what is my next step in filing with Supreme Court?

Q:  I'm non-custodial parent and overpaid child support obligation which my ex-spouse is refusing to pay ignoring preliminary hearing order, stipulation of agreement, judgment of divorce, and order on consent.

A:  David's Answer:  You would now simply submit the order to show cause, affidavit & exhibits to the Court clerk for filing. The Judge should sign it, give you a return date & direct the manner of service. You'll then be responsible for serving in on your ex. Schedule a consult with a Dutchess/Westchester Child Support lawyer for more info. -- David Bliven, Westchester Child Support attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment