Saturday, May 24, 2014

Does child support go up when a child turns 11?

Q:  I currently pay child support to my ex for my 6 year old son. I read that once a child turns 11 child support can be increased. Is this true and if so how much?

A:  David's Answer:  No, it's not dependent on the age of the child - it is dependent, however, on the age of the order. If your order is more than 3 years old (& it sounds as though it is), then either party may file a petition for modification without the need to prove a "substantial change of circumstances." Schedule a consult with a Child Support lawyer in your area for more info.   -- David Bliven, Westchester Child Support attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment