Saturday, October 5, 2013

Can I sue a woman for money I spent on her child thinking that it was ours?

Q:  If I were to find out that a woman has been lying to me for months leading up to the birth of who I thought was my son and 7 months after having me believe he was mine and I've spent thousands of dollars on him would I have a strong enough case to sue her for the money I spent under false pretenses? Is this something I could actually take to court?

A:  David's Answer:  Probably not - but this would not be a "Child Support" issue, so I would suggest to re-post your question to a general litigation attorney.   --  David Bliven, Westchester Child Support attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment