Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Should he ask for the children to be giving a lawyer for his case

Q:  I have a friend who is going through a divorce and his wife wanted him to have supervised visits because his girl ages 6 and 2 have not seen him in almost three years. with his lawyer he agreed to the visits to see his girl this would be the only way cause she was not allowing him to. the first visit the girl ran to him and were happy she cancelled the next visit then this visit they change the younger daughter cried for her mom the oldest would not talk out loud she only whispered to him. I told him he should ask his lawyer to have the courts give the girls a lawyer something is wrong. the mom has no job and just lost her apartment she refuse to let him know were they live he pays $500.00 a month in childsupport. she has a court ordered lawyer cause she could not pay.

A:  David's Answer:  Preliminarily, you posted this under the category of "child support" - you may get better replies if you re-post this under either "divorce" or "child custody." That said, to get a lawyer appointed for the children his lawyer would need to file for a preliminary conference & raise the issue with the Judge. For a full assessment, schedule a consultation with a Rockland/Westchester Divorce attorney. -- David Bliven, Westchester Child Support attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment