Thursday, October 3, 2013

My Child Support has a balance???

Q:  I went to court and my arrears balance was waived and set to zero (with agreement w/of the child's mother) Now i went to court September 19th and I called into the Child Support Help Line a week later the the adjustment wasn't done yet... I called today and was told the adjustment was made on September 30th... But I was also informed that I have a balance which doesn't add up when everything was suppose to be set to zero. How can I go about disputing this?

A:  David's Answer:  You would need to request an "Accounts & Records" Statement from SCU and then compare their numbers to the court order. If there is an inconsistency, then SCU has a dispute form that you can fill out & submit to them. If the dispute does not get resolved, then you have a right to challenge their determination via an Art. 78 proceeding which is filed in Supreme Court. --  David Bliven, Westchester Child Support attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment