Saturday, October 26, 2013

If my daughter decided she wanted to file for child support from her dad, would I also have to pay?

Q:  Our daughter is 19 and in college. Her father and I have split up. Her home when she's not in school is my house. If she decided to file for child support, would I have to pay into it?

A:  David's Answer: Generally-speaking, no. You would be considered the custodial parent for child support purposes. For a full assessment, schedule a consultation with an Orange/Westchester Child support attorney.  -- David Bliven, Westchester Child Support attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment